IWAP forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My favorite museums

2 posters

Go down

My favorite museums Empty My favorite museums

Post  aurelie Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Before I leave I wanted to share a few museums info I have:

-Fallingwater ***: Wonderful house and garden in Ohiopyle, a bit far but you can go to Fort Necessity after!
-Fort Necessity ***: a bit far away but the best place to learn how the United States of America was born and about the French and Indian war. The museum has a movie and exhibit which is nicer than fort Pitt museum.
-Heinz Museum **: Great place to learn more about Pittsburgh.
-Phipps Conservatory ***: Wonderful greenhouse with so many plants from all over the world.
-Andy Warhol *: You have to do it because he's from Pittsburgh
-All the Carnegie Museum***: Wonderful places, buy the membership card its SO worth it! You'll have unlimited access to all museum all year round. Don't forget to go into the submarine at the science museum! Or see the Carnegie dinosaur collection!
- Frick car and carriage museum*: its free and its a really nice old car collection, your husband and kids will love it!
-Pittsburgh Zoo ***: Such a nice place to go! The aquarium is wonderful. If you have children take a membership card its really worth it.
-Cathedral of learning, Nationality room **: a nice place to discover other culture.
-Mattress factory: too expensive for so little...
-Aviary*: Fun for the kids but a bit small. Still nice though.
-Old economy village**: If you are German you have to go there! Its a nice open air museum near Swickley. Its very interesting to learn about the harmony society.

Google will give you all the information you need but here is a nice website too:
http://www.nena.org/Events/Annualconference/pittsburgh/attractions.htm

Note that all membership cards to museum can be taken off your tax fee.
aurelie
aurelie
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Number of posts : 62
Home country : France
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

My favorite museums Empty Re: My favorite museums

Post  Yi-Rung Chen Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:20 pm

Aurelie,

Do you know if any document needed to proof my membership in order to get tax deduction? (I only have membership cards and the receipts) And the deduction is for federal, state or local tax?
Thanks!

Yi-Rung
Yi-Rung Chen
Yi-Rung Chen
Forum Active member
Forum Active member

Number of posts : 44
Home country : Taiwan
Languages : Chinese, English
Job/hobbies : Homemaker/ outdoor activities and cooking
My living area : Greenfield, close to Squirrel Hill
Registration date : 2008-01-31