IWAP forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

st patrick parade

3 posters

Go down

st patrick parade Empty st patrick parade

Post  catherine ch. Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:17 pm

don't forget the st patrick parade this saturday 15th!!!

First held on March 17, 1869, the annual Pittsburgh St. Patrick's Day Parade is the largest parade on Pittsburgh's crowded parade calendar, with over 20,000 participants and an audience of as much as 200,000. According to parade officials, the St. Patrick's Day parade in Pittsburgh is actually the second largest in the country, following New York. Even the blizzard of 1993 didn't stop the parade, although the blinding snow made it hard for the attendees to actually see anything.
The Pittsburgh St. Patrick's Day Parade kicks off an entire week of Irish-heritage events in and around Pittsburgh, featuring artists, musicians and community groups. Join in celebrating the heritage of the nearly 15% of Pittsburgh residents with Irish roots.

When: March 15, 2008
Held each year on the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day. In years when St. Patrick's Day falls on a Saturday, then the parade is held on St. Patrick's Day.
The parade begins downtown at 10am.

St. Patrick's Day Parade Route: The Pittsburgh St. Patrick's Day parade forms at the Mellon Arena on Center Avenue and Washington Place and then proceeds inbound on Center Avenue to Sixth Avenue. It then takes a right turn onto Sixth Street and continues to Grant Street before turning left. The parade route then follows Grant Street to the Blvd. Of the Allies and turns right onto the Blvd. of the Allies, past the Reviewing Stand in front of the Diocese of Pittsburgh building at the Blvd. and Stanwix Street, and ends at Commonwealth Place.

St. Patrick's Day Parade Participants: The Pittsburgh St. Patrick's Day Parade features over 200 marching units, including bands, floats, emergency service agencies, and many groups from Pittsburgh's Irish and other ethnic communities. The parade culminates with special appearances by Pittsburgh's Miss Irish Smiling Eyes 2008 and St. Patrick himself.

catherine ch.
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Number of posts : 292
Home country : belgium
Languages : french , dutch and english
Job/hobbies : iwap, swimming , knitting , travelling and of course the children
Everything about me : mother of zoe, arthur and max....and john's wife
My living area : fox chapel
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

st patrick parade Empty Hilary Clinton at the parade!

Post  aurelie Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:03 pm

yes Hilary Clinton will be at Pittsburgh's st Patrick parade Saturday morning!

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/15585847/detail.html?rss=pit&psp=news

Keep your eyes open !
aurelie
aurelie
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Number of posts : 62
Home country : France
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

st patrick parade Empty Re: st patrick parade

Post  Jessica Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:15 am

Wow, thanks Catherine for the Parade & thanks Aurelie for the information of Hillary's visit! afro
Who will come to see Hillary?
Jessica
Jessica
Forum Active member
Forum Active member

Number of posts : 26
Home country : China
Languages : Chinese, English
My living area : Squirrel Hill

Back to top Go down

st patrick parade Empty Re: st patrick parade

Post  catherine ch. Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:11 am

i should be there with my family and a friend..we'll try to find a good place to see something!!!!
and we have to cross our fingers for the weather.....i know that rain is typical irish....No No .but the parade is much better under the sun sunny sunny
catherine

catherine ch.
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Number of posts : 292
Home country : belgium
Languages : french , dutch and english
Job/hobbies : iwap, swimming , knitting , travelling and of course the children
Everything about me : mother of zoe, arthur and max....and john's wife
My living area : fox chapel

Back to top Go down