IWAP forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little Bonjour from France

5 posters

Go down

A little Bonjour from France Empty A little Bonjour from France

Post  aurelie Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:41 am

Hi everyone!

I spoke with Frederique on the phone this morning for 1hour !
She is finding everything a bit difficult for the moment. Being back in France is not easy. She is still looking for a place to live, unfortunately the little studio where they are staying now doesn't have internet ! So Frederique without internet... something is missing !

She has a lot of paper work to deal with especially difficulty with her social security... insurance... But for her futur baby she found a nice midwife and a hospital. She will follow a few classes too. So she is happy for this important part.

I hope I'll have time to meet her this summer, she's only at 45min drive from my place.

How about me?

Well we just moved in our home finally! We have a few furniture, but still our guest room empty! We also need to build our bed... There's a lot of garage sale around here too so its nice and cheap but we have to be patient! We have a nice garden that gives us a lot of fruits! 1kilo of strawberries each two days ! Its a lot of work for me Smile The rasberries are starting too!

The weather was very bad since we arrived... 12C and cloudy and rainy and very cold. But finally we are having sunny days! ans just 25C I miss a bit Pittsburgh's heat ! I still had my jumper and coat (polar) until yesterday ! can you imagine....

Baptiste is happy with his job, he is designing ovens and toaster for KRUPS and ALL CLAD, made by chinese. He will travel there a few time.

In France its nearly the summer vacation for the school so all the association are ending, but I found a few good ones for september. There's a women association, a calligraphy, gyms, hiking, ...etc. I would like to find a part time job, but I am not sure yet which kind of job... I'll see. Beeing a housewife is so nice too!

I wish good luck to everyone who is moving! And keep having all these meeting! I envy you all! I miss the multi-cultural life! Here there's only white french people... its the countryside... Its strange to go from Shadyside (east liberty) with korean, Black-american, Chinese, Russian, Polish... to just white French... This is the biggest change! I don't know much about Dijon but it seems very rich and whealthy. A lot of nice cars, good wine, big houses... The food is really great !

Ok well I have to go but HI to everyone and keep in touch!

Aurelie
aurelie
aurelie
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Number of posts : 62
Home country : France
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

A little Bonjour from France Empty Re: A little Bonjour from France

Post  Lina Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:18 am

You gave me a great perspective of my future in France. Paperwork, no internet… in Paris, there is free wireless access in Mcdo… may be Frederique could bring her laptop to Mcdo…

Rasberries !! I will come with my sleep bag to your place !

I also found an international women’s association in Paris but it seems to be very “select”. And I don’t know if I will have time…

A bientôt !
Lina
Lina
Forum Master
Forum Master

Number of posts : 125
Languages : French, Chinese
Job/hobbies : In charge of the Website / Cooking
Registration date : 2008-01-21

http://christmasgift-l15217.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yasmeen Ariff-Sayed Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:12 am

Hi! Aurelie

So good to hear from you and get all your news and Fredrique's.

Yes, its always difficult when you go from a multi-cultural mix to just your own group. I feel the same whenever I go home, even though I enjoy being with my family and friends. Luckily for me its usually just a month or two. But you can travel and you have us just a click away, so keep in touch.

Good luck with putting together your house. I've enjoyed going to the garage sales and finding pieces for my house. My garden is also producing well. I know you will be happy in yours.

Be well, give Fredrique my regards (are there no wifi cafes?)

Cheers!
Yasmeen

Yasmeen Ariff-Sayed
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Number of posts : 64
Home country : India
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  martine kratz Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Merci des nouvelles Aurelie....Have a very nice summer in your village.
martine kratz
martine kratz
Forum Master
Forum Master

Number of posts : 100
Languages : French, English
Job/hobbies : reading, travelling, meeting people and anything fun .
My living area : Sewickley
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  regina ruzicka Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Aurelie,
good to hear from you.
So next summer, my vacation destination will be Dijon.
I like good food!!!
Give my regards to Frederique.
Enjoy the summer( Think positive, the weather will be better)
Hope to hear from you soon.
Take care.
Greetz Regina.
regina ruzicka
regina ruzicka
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Number of posts : 96
Home country : The Netherlands
Languages : dutch, german, english
Job/hobbies : biking, hiking, running, shopping, walking with my dog.
Everything about me : 38 jr, married 14jr,
My living area : Robinson, North Fayette, near the Airport.
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum